Thursday 28 May 2015

The jump

In class we have being doing a quick write about a boy jumping off a wharf and we had to write what we thought that would happen this is my piece of writing.


As I walk down the long old wharf , I look around and wonder what it was like when it was first built. I remember when I was there 2 years ago when the water had been all dirty and rough.

IMG_6976 (1).JPG
 As I peer over the side of the wharf, I think to myself I don’t want to do this any more. Splash! Cameron and Anton had already plummeted down. Shawn soon after. They all splashed into the  waves that were pounding onto the poles holding up the old wharf. Mum and Lisa were watching.


I go 4 steps down the ladder. The others all shout 3 2 1. I jump. Splash. I had done it. But not the whole way. I thought that I said in my head I don’t want to do this but I said it out loud.
I jumped the full way I shut my eyes I forgot to bring my arms in. Slap. ow ow ow ow ow. I go to climb up the ladder and I saw the seaweed and I went to skip that ladder
I thought in my head I have done it before so I can do it again. I jump again I open my eyes. When I jumped, it felt like, time was slowing down. As I plummet down into the water, The water got closer and closer, I hit the water, I sink down I start to push up I gulp up the air I had done it again. I swim to the ladder I look at the below and see the seaweed cling to the first step of the ladder I try to skip that ladder but I fail. It was time to go back to the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment